I truly apologize to those involved in the Worship Seminar at Fall Getaway (NE CCC Event) – I had mentioned that I would post some online resources that I use for leading worship, and learning worship concepts.
Mars Hill (Seattle): http://theresurgence.com/md_blog
Dan Kimball: http://www.dankimball.com/vintage_faith/
Compilation of Topics regarding Worship: http://blog.worship.com/
Worship Matters: http://www.worshipmatters.com/
Worship Bible Study: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg8qw2j4_47c8pqrs6t
Questions to ask about your personal worship and worship gatherings:
- Is worship about God or is it about what I like?
- Do I seek God’s presence or the comfort of being with friends and doing what is familiar?
- Am I so contemporary I lose the transcendence of God?
- Am I so traditional that I forget God’s relevance?
- Do I see myself as part of an audience giving approval/disapproval to leaders?
- Can God use what I don’t like?
- Am I more into music than the spoken word?
- Do I ignore the command to sing, and think just to get to the “message”?
- Is the style of worship more important to me than the object of worship?
- Do I love His presence as much as the songs I sing and play?
- Can I worship Him when it’s hard work and my joy is running low?